According to the U.S. Deptartment of Energy, 71% of your heating dollars goes right out of your windows and doors. Our Energy Star Rated windows will help you save on your energy costs by reducing air leaks and increasing efficiency.
Why Choose us?
- Wide variety of styles, colors, & brands available
- Expert window installation
- Lifetime warranty
- Manufacturer certified
Window Replacement: What You Need to Know
If you’re a homeowner, you may be wondering when it’s time to replace your windows. Window replacement is an important aspect of home maintenance that should not be overlooked. Not only can it improve the appearance of your home, but it can also improve its energy efficiency and even increase its value. In this blog post, we’ll discuss what you need to know about window replacement.
Signs You Need Window Replacement
There are several signs that may indicate it’s time to replace your windows. Here are some of the most common:
- Drafts: If you feel a draft when you’re sitting near your windows, it’s a sign that your windows are not sealed properly.
- Condensation: Condensation on your windows can be a sign of seal failure, which can lead to more serious issues down the line.
- Difficulty opening and closing: If your windows are difficult to open and close, it’s a sign that they may be warped or damaged.
- Visible damage: Cracks, chips, and other visible damage to your windows can not only be unsightly, but they can also compromise their effectiveness.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to consider window replacement.
The Window Replacement Process
Once you’ve decided to replace your windows, it’s important to understand the process. Here are the steps involved in window replacement:
- Consultation: The first step is to schedule a consultation with a professional window installer. During this consultation, the installer will assess your current windows and discuss your options for replacement.
- Measurement: After the consultation, the installer will take measurements of your windows to ensure that the replacement windows will fit properly.
- Ordering: Once the measurements are taken, the replacement windows will be ordered.
- Installation: On the day of installation, the installer will remove the old windows and install the new ones. They will also seal the windows to ensure they are airtight.
Benefits of Window Replacement
There are several benefits to replacing your windows, including:
- Improved energy efficiency: New windows are more energy efficient than older ones, which can help lower your energy bills.
- Increased comfort: New windows can help regulate the temperature in your home, making it more comfortable.
- Improved appearance: New windows can improve the overall appearance of your home, both inside and out.
- Increased home value: New windows can increase the value of your home, which can be beneficial if you plan on selling in the future.
Choosing the Right Windows
When it comes to choosing replacement windows, there are several factors to consider. Here are some of the most important:
- Material: Windows can be made from several different materials, including wood, vinyl, and fiberglass. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to choose the one that best fits your needs and budget.
- Style: There are several different window styles to choose from, including double-hung, casement, and sliding. Consider the style that will best suit your home and your needs.
- Glass: There are several different types of glass to choose from, including double-pane and low-e. Your installer can help you choose the right type of glass for your needs.
Window replacement is an important aspect of home maintenance that should not be overlooked. If you notice signs that it’s time to replace your windows, consult with a professional installer to discuss your options. Replacing your windows can improve the appearance of your home, increase its energy efficiency, and even increase its value.